It doesn’t take a giant leap to see how designing a structure and creating a website have a lot in common. Both require organization, a straightforward course of action, and heaps of creative thinking to produce an excellent outcome. Almost like an architectural plan, right?!😏
However, with so many WordPress themes available, finding the ideal professional theme to create a website for your architecture firm can be challenging. We won’t give you a long list of 50+ architecture WordPress themes (although we could) because you’d have trouble narrowing it down to just one, so here are our top ten picks if we had to choose an architecture WordPress theme.
So, if you’re having trouble finding a suitable theme, make sure you stick around because we’re here to help!
In today’s article, we searched the web to introduce you to the best themes for architects the WordPress theme market has to offer! So let’s get right into it!
Divi is the ultimate multipurpose WordPress theme. It includes several pre-designed templates (page designs) for architecture firms, real estate agents, and construction companies.
The theme includes a powerful page builder plugin that allows you to customize your website’s front end easily. It also has an unlimited number of color options, Google Fonts, animations, elements, modules, and editing tools to help you customize your website.
A contact form and an email newsletter signup can be easily added to your website. In addition, Divi employs responsive design, ensuring your site looks great on computers, tablets, and mobile devices of varying screen sizes.
Here’s what we like about Divi:
- A truly multipurpose theme that can be used for any project;
- Editable templates of high quality;
- Robust page builder tool;
- Extensive documentation;
- WYSIWYG visual editor for creating custom page designs;
- Content Editor with Drag-and-Drop (Divi Builder);
- The wireframe mode provides a clear overview of the page structure.
Pricing: starts at $89/yearly plan.
OceanWP is a free WordPress theme suitable for a wide range of websites. In addition, it includes a one-click demo import extension for both free and premium templates to provide you with a starting point for your architecture website. As a result, it is one of the best architecture WordPress themes available.
The theme has a quick page load time, which boosts your search engine rankings. In addition, it supports RTL languages by default, allowing you to create a website in any language and reach a global audience.
You can quickly make your site look professional and fully functional with many ready-made demos based on best design practices. In addition, you can import any prebuilt OceanWP demos into your website and give it a facelift in minutes.
Here’s what we like about OceanWP:
- Benchmarks for OceanWP Performance;
- It includes ready-to-import demos;
- Page Builder Compatible;
- It is entirely customizable;
- Individual post controls are available;
- Quick and mobile-friendly;
- WooCommerce compatible;
- Custom hooks are included.
Pricing: starts at $43/year.
Inteco is a great WordPress theme for architects and interior designers. With the included and ready-to-use demos and features, you have complete control over your web presence.
With Inteco, you can get your web space set up right away. Of course, you can take web design a step further and incorporate your style into Inteco, but this is not required.
Inteco features six demos and tons of other internal pages, a super smooth layout, and a powerful and convenient page builder. In addition, you can import the demo content with a single click and begin using it immediately.
Here’s what we like about Inteco:
- Fluid layout means you can adjust the width of the site’s content to fit your screen size.
- The space between page items can be customized: You can set the distance for each page item directly in the page builder settings.
- Secondary Navigation: You can select a slide style or an overlay style for the secondary navigation.
- Page builder with drag and drop functionality;
- Search engine optimization;
- WPML is fully supported, as is WooCommerce;
- There are 14 blog layouts, nine portfolios, and six gallery layouts;
- Completely responsive.
With its bold, minimal design, Kalium embraces the less-is-more philosophy. Large images dominate the pages, with very little text to clog up the white space. Though designed as a portfolio site for creatives, Kalium can also be used to showcase business projects and even has a demo explicitly tailored for architects.
Kalium makes it simple to portray your work in a modern, one-of-a-kind setting. Layouts, templates, skins, Google Fonts, icon fonts, footer styles, and shortcodes are all included.
In addition to parallax backgrounds, Kalium offers a variety of hover styles and animation effects. Furthermore, two slider plugins are included for designing your slideshows and galleries: Revolution Slider and LayerSlider.
Here’s what we like about Kalium:
- GDPR compliant;
- Multisite support; rich theme options; one-click demo content installer
- 7 Portfolio Single Item Types, each with a plethora of options;
- There are four portfolio listing types, three blog types, multiple menus, and a rich search page;
- WooCommerce support is extensive.
Showing off your previous projects is an integral part of your strategy as an architecture firm. Arkhitekton’s features and functionality may be ideal.
This theme employs a minimalistic design that focuses on project galleries. You can easily organize your projects into easily navigable categories that can be further subdivided into individual tasks. You can let your work speak for itself on those pages with full-width images.
This theme doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles. However, it includes the Elementor page builder plugin, allowing you to customize pages easily. You will also have access to many pre-built layouts that you can use to jumpstart your firm’s website design.
Features of Arkhitekton:
- There are no restrictions on headers and footers; you will be able to create an interactive header and footer;
- Integration with WooCommerce: You can sell digital and physical products, manage inventory and shipping, accept secure payments, and automatically sort taxes;
- You can preview changes to your WordPress website in real-time using the extremely powerful and innovative WordPress Live Customizer before pushing them live;
- Included is the Slider Revolution plugin;
- Demo Importer with a Single Click – A handy feature added to the theme is the ability to import any live preview demos with a single click, which takes less than a minute to set up.
There are many web pages with animated elements and micro-interactions. Designed with a modern aesthetic, they are the perfect choice for architectural work that is contemporary. If that’s your style, Dessau might be a good fit.
Dessau’s overarching goal is clear: help you present your work in the best possible light. The aforementioned animated elements aid in directing visitors to the most critical information and sections. This theme includes an extensive library of demo layouts demonstrating geometric precision. Furthermore, there is a plethora of portfolio layouts to choose from.
Here’s what we like about Dessau:
- No coding experience is required.
- Importing Demo Content in One Click;
- Fully Responsive; Retina Ready
- An extensive library of pre-designed home and inner pages;
- Five Different Header Styles;
- Optional customization for each header type;
- Standard, Gallery, Link, Quote, Video, Audio; Custom Post Formats
- Parallax sections; video background sections; separate Normal, Sticky, and Mobile Header logo versions.
Oshine is a popular, creative WordPress theme with over 30,000 customers worldwide. Although this multipurpose theme isn’t explicitly designed for architects, it includes four stylish architecture layouts.
In addition, the included Tatsu front-end page builder lets you see how your site changes will look immediately. You can also add a variety of menu styles, including sliding, overlay, and unique 3D types. Video backdrops can also be easily added via the WordPress dashboard.
Here’s what we like about Oshine:
- 52 demos with hundreds of pre-built sample pages;
- One-click demo installer;
- There are numerous ways to display your portfolio;
- Excellent customer service;
- Countless layout options;
- Total command over fonts and colors;
- Compatibility with a large number of popular plugins;
- Updates regularly with new features and bug fixes.
Addison makes it very simple to display your work on your website by employing various techniques, such as exciting grid layouts and animated sliders. In addition, the theme includes a variety of portfolio templates, so if you want to ensure that your website has everything you need to showcase your completed projects, Addison could be the theme for you.
Because this theme includes an integrated page builder tool, you can customize all Addison templates to give your website even more creative options. Other features, such as the interactive cost calculator, which allows visitors to submit a quote request quickly, should help you generate more leads from your website.
Here’s what we like about Addison:
- Design that is responsive and retina ready;
- Shortcodes are fully supported for static pages.
- Interior, exterior, and landscape design and decoration website shortcodes;
- Custom icon sets for businesses;
- Different header layouts, including a sticky header;
- Pages and titles that are full-width or boxed;
- A page builder that is lightning fast;
- Portfolio shortcode for static pages and blog posts; full-width and boxed blog and portfolio tile layouts;
- Optional sidebars on the left and right;
- WordPress customizer is used to power the theme options;
Ratio is an architecture WordPress theme that offers 15 different homepage variations.
There are numerous layout choices with 25+ portfolio variants at your fingertips, starting with how to display your work. The homepage layouts are visual-heavy, making them ideal for showcasing your past projects. Individual pages also look crisp and elegant, with images taking center stage and additional information sitting prominently below. You also have blog templates on hand to share more content with visitors.
Here’s what we like about Ratio:
- Powerful and Simple Admin Interface;
- Import demo site with a single click;
- There are a lot of home and inner pages;
- Image and video support for the edge slider;
- Edge Slider has fullscreen functionality.
- Edge Slider has parallax functionality.
- Zoom animations on images in the Edge Slider;
- Edge Slider content entry animations;
- Various search types;
- Effect of Page Transition;
- A separate logo for the mobile header is optional;
- Mobile Header styles should be distinct;
- Separate logos are available for the light and dark header versions;
- Widget Areas in the Header;
- Sectional parallax images;
- Mega Menu Customizable.
Monolit is a clean and modern-looking theme aimed at architects.
There are several layouts for the home page to choose from, including a slider and video header. Each layout can also be used as a one-page array, which is ideal for landing pages to increase conversions. Excellent design elements include overlapping sections, sliders, and animated features.
This visually appealing theme is ideal for showcasing your work. You can select from various portfolio templates, which can be horizontal, vertical, or parallax in style. You can create single portfolio pages if you want to highlight specific projects.
Here’s what we like about Monolit:
- There are five different home page styles: slider, slideshow, static image, and video (Vimeo or Youtube).
- 7 different portfolio page styles (horizontal, vertical, or parallax);
- 9 distinct portfolio single pages (created with WPBakery Page Builder);
- Two distinct blog layouts;
- Options for post, page, portfolio, category, and tag headers;
- Backgrounds that fill the entire screen; powerful parallax effects;
- Instead of a video background, an image background will be used for mobile.
- Completely responsive;
- 7th Support Contact Form;
- Import Demo Data with a Single Click;
- Retina Icons; 600+ Google Web Fonts (Font Awesome).
The Dos and Don’ts of Choosing a WordPress Theme
Less is always more when it comes to WordPress themes. Building from the ground up, the theme you select should only include features that will help you achieve the goal of your site, not extraneous ones that will clutter your theme, which brings us to the next point. So here are some things to consider when selecting a WordPress theme for your architecture business.
- DO✔️: Make a list of the features you want in advance.
Before you choose a theme, you must decide which features are essential and which you can live without. The WordPress Feature Filter in the Themes Repository makes it incredibly simple to narrow your search for free themes based on specific features such as translation readiness and the ability to have a flexible header. It is critical to have the design in mind before making a decision. For example, you should be prepared to decide whether you want your site to have one or multiple columns.
- DO✔️: Always choose a responsive WordPress theme.
Responsive design means making your site as easy to use as possible—not just on a laptop but on various devices. It is mobile-friendly and has easily navigable menus and other widgets. Consider features such as a fluid site grid and images that can be translated to non-desktop devices. A responsive theme can easily translate on a mobile device without any issues.
- DO✔️: Test the theme thoughtfully.
Installing the Theme Check plugin, which checks if your theme meets all current WordPress standards, is an excellent place to start when testing the efficiency of a theme.
When you’ve finished all of your tweaks and uploaded all of your content, go over your site before releasing it to the public. Reread your content, test your site on mobile, and ensure that all your images load correctly. It would help if you also thought about installing a child theme plugin and purchasing a hosting solution that includes staging environments.
- DON’T❌: Don’t choose a buggy theme.
The main takeaway is that you don’t want a theme overburdened with features—this will only harm you in the long run. A feature-rich theme may be appealing, but it may hurt site performance. Remember to resist the urge to install every cool feature you come across.
Furthermore, new code can increase the risk of security flaws because features are frequently built to perform a specific function rather than keep a site secure.
- DON’T❌: Don’t choose a theme that does not have a difficult-to-read font.
This goes back to grabbing your visitor’s attention so they don’t leave your site. You want your audience to be able to navigate your site and find what they’re looking for as quickly as possible. So make your fonts simple, elegant, and readable.
If you’re familiar with CSS, adjusting your theme’s font should be simple, though some free themes may be limited in customizations—something to keep in mind during the theme selection process.
Let’s Wrap it Up
Architecture is all about aesthetics. Choose one of the WordPress themes for architects and architectural firms to showcase your best work, announce upcoming projects, or introduce your team of experts.
If you liked this article, and want to have access to similar content, make sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also follow us on Facebook. If you want to find out how to customize your WordPress site, here‘s a great resource we’ve compiled to help you.